It has been an awesome 3 days at The MedTech Conference in Boston earlier this week. To be a part of the Québec Delegation, setting up B2B meetings and assisting to multiple conferences opened up opportunities and provided a lot of insights. Needless to say, it is an exciting time to evolve in the medtech industry. Here are my takeaways from a product designer stand point:
1. More than ever, we need to focus on the intersections of disciplines in a collaborative mode.
2. Medtech companies have deep knowledge in their domain but consumer tech companies have the scale and deeper understanding of the user experience.
3. Start-ups that are continuously asking the industry what their problems are and keep improving are much more successful than the ones that just want to sell their ideas.
4. Have an MVP strategy for your product is good but still give it some level of “awesome” to be more attractive.
5. Need to invest in human centric design in this context of technology.
You were there? What are your takeaways from your perspective? Special thanks to Roch Paquette, Yann Lamarche, Stuart Kozlick, Eng., MASc., Marc Saab and Vanessa Cupidon.